It’s very tempting when we smell the backyard barbecues. You can hardly find anyone who doesn’t love it. But it’s dangerous for you with an open flame in this grilling summer season.
For this reason, I wondered that are propane grills safe? So, I investigated propane grills and found that they are very safe but can be fatal if the temperatures go over 160 degrees. But the case is rare. I’m very excited to let you know about propane grills in this article. Keep reading.
Are propane grills safe?
In the hot summer or gentle spring can be a good time for taking a grilled meal sitting in your backyards. But it won’t be memorable for some reasons like grilling safety. Why don’t you try propane grills or charcoal grills? Propane grills are safe to use without some restrictions.
If a gas valve is left on and gas is built-up gradually to ignite a flame. Moreover, the temperature exceeding 160 degrees can increase the pressure of the tank and overtake the valve’s capacity, which leads to the explosion. But you don’t worry, these cases are rare. Though they’re safe, you should know how to use it to avoid an accident.
How to Use a Propane Grill?
While you are barbecuing with propane, it’s obvious that you’ll have a precise heat control that it provides. And it’s a much easier process to learn. Having an excellent grilling session, you must know some steps to avoid any danger. Let’s start the lesson on how to use a propane grill.
Propane tank attachment
- To get started, you should attach the propane tank for the gas grill. Propane tanks are estimated by weight; if you plan on doing a great deal of flame broiling, get a heavier tank with more gas inside. In case you’re just going to utilize the tank a couple of times, decide on a little propane tank. You can discover propane tanks at your neighborhood general store or tool shop.
- Now you should place the propane tank close to the grill so that the grill hose can reach it.
- Make sure to check the propane tank is off. If you find a propane tank on, then turn the knob off. In most cases, you need to make it clockwise to turn the knob to the off position.
- There is a safety cap that covers the valve on the top of the tank. Ten remove the safety cap from the tank.
- Now you should attach the grill hose to the valve, which is attached to the underside of the grill. When the end of the grill hose is attached to the valve, turn on the knob clockwise to tighten it into place. You should do it until the knob doesn’t turn anymore.
- In this step, you should place the propane tank on the rack, which holds the tank. Now, you should check the instructions for attaching the tank to the grill rack properly.
Start lighting the grill
- Now, you need to turn on the propane tank. In most cases, you need to turn the knob counterclockwise, whether it won’t turn on anymore.
- Before lighting, you should open the grill lid. Please keep in mind that don’t light the grill closed to the gas, which may cause an explosion.
- Divert the start burner handle from “off” to “high.” You may need to press the handle before you can turn it. Try not to stress if the flame broil doesn’t light after you turn the handle; that implies the barbecue has an electric starter, and you’ll have to press the electric start button to flame it.
- If so, find the electric ignition button if the gas grill has one. To ignite the grill, press the electric ignition button until it ignites.
- After the ignition to the grill, make sure all other knobs are in the highest settings to heat the grill.
- Now, you should close the lid to let the grill get preheated for 15 minutes.
Cooking Techniques with propane
- If you use a wire brush, it will let you clean any dried food that falls to the grates. Before doing it, make sure the grill is preheated.
- Now you can lower the knob settings before putting the food on that will prevent burning the food. While barbecuing the small amount of food, you can turn off the rest grill knobs.
- You can use tongs to flip the food and make sure both sides get equal time to be cooked.
- Now you need to place the food on the grill grates where it gets the direct flames. For vegetables, you can place them at a lower heat setting, but for steaks, they need mid to higher level heats.
- While you’ve found that your food is ready to serve, then turn off the grill knobs. And leave the lid open so that no gas could build up.
- After that, the propane tank should be turned off.
Frequently asked questions
Aside from the process of propane grills, here we’ve included some important queries related to propane grills. Let’s have a look.
How far should a propane grill be from the house?
How long should propane grill last?
Is it OK to leave the propane tank outside in winter?
However, you’re just a newbie to grilling; you may be confused about how to do it and which one safe for grilling? If you’ve already discovered the propane grills, now you can wonder that are propane grills safe?
Well, this article is about to let you know about how you will use propane grills to avoid any danger. Hopefully, it’ll help you to enjoy your grilling summer season.