Cooking and eating outdoors is always a pleasant thing and a moment of great conviviality. This is why grills are a great way to spend some time with friends and family. The grill always has its charm and remains the most popular way to cook meat, but also fishes, vegetables and hard cheeses. There are many models of the charcoal grill in the market with different features. So, it isn’t easy to choose the right one. In this article, we have highlighted the 5 best charcoal grill under 200 that will be suitable for your needs.
Are Charcoal Grills Better?
Charcoal grills are better than gas and electric grills because it is more efficient, cheaper and hotter than the gas and electric one. Also, everyone loves the smoke flavor of charcoal-grilled meat that is impossible from a gas or electric one. It produces high temperature of around 850-1000°F that grilled the meat faster. Also, its less amount of smoke is not harmful to our environment.
Table of Content
Here is the table of content for you to have quick navigation:
- 5 Best Charcoal Grill Under 200
- What To Consider Before Buying A Charcoal Grill Under 200?
- Why Should You Buy A Charcoal Grill Under 200?
If you want to know the details of our selected charcoal grills at a glance, you can go through the comparison chart below:
Weber Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill, 22-Inch, Black
Oklahoma Joe's 19402088 Rambler Portable Charcoal Grill, Black
Char-Broil American Gourmet 30-inch Charcoal Grill
Royal Gourmet BBQ Charcoal Grill and Offset Smoker, 30'' L, 800 Square Inch, Outdoor for Camping, Black
Char-Griller E1515 Patio Pro Charcoal Grill, Black
5 Best Charcoal Grill Under 200
Finding a charcoal grill needs a year of cooking experience. After consulting with experienced grill users and doing research, we have reviewed 5 best charcoal grill under 200 that will meet your needs.
1. Weber Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill, 22-Inch, Black
Weber Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill comes with steeled porcelain finish that provides durability against corrosion and has a glossy and beautiful finish. For its cooking surface, it is enough to place about 13 burgers. It is ideal for the patio or garden because its wheels allow to move the grill quickly. In addition to its transport, it is also comfortable to use.
In addition to its transport, it is also comfortable to use. For its ease of use, it becomes the best charcoal for weber kettle. You can remove the lid and hang it on the side of the grill to check the cooking situation. It has shield handles that prevent you from heat. The grill has a built-in thermometer that allows to know the exact temperature at which the piece is being roasted.
The 4 holes of the ventilation valve located in the lid help to smokes come out from the grill. It incorporates with One-Touch system that allows cleaning by moving a lever. Also, the interior blades will remove the ashes from the coal release them to a base easily. It comes with lots of accessories that can facilitate the task.
Premium Charcoal Grill Main Key Features:
- Its grate size is 363 inches and lids height is 7.5 inches so you can grill 13 burgers at a time.
- It has a built-in thermometer that shows the exact temperature inside the grill.
- With a one-touch cleaning system, you can clean the grill and ashes easily.
- The lid hook allows the put the grilling tools hanging for easy access.
- With rubberized wheels, it is comfortable to move in the ground, yard, garden and more.
2. Oklahoma Joe’s 19402088 Rambler Portable Charcoal Grill
Oklahoma Joe’s 19402088 Rambler Portable Charcoal Grill is made with heavy-duty anti-rust steel that ensures stability and durability. Its surface area is suitable for grilling 10 burgers at once. It is equipped with two removable and thick cast-iron grates that help to sear on foods. It has an adjustable tray that allows cooking at high, lower and slow mode by moving ups and down so that it is valued as the best portable charcoal grill.
On the front side of the grill, you can see an ash pad, which helps to remove ashes easily. It has a temperature gauge that helps to regulate the temperature of the coal. It has air dampers that help to control airflow and keep the ideal temperature in the grill. With the side handle, you can easily move it anywhere if need.
It comes with a simple design, unique details and integrated functions that guarantee optimal cooking whenever you decide to grill. It has a patented internal structure that reduces consumption and facilitates cleaning.
Rambler Portable Charcoal Grill Main Key Features:
- It can accommodate up to 10 burgers with two removable thick and cast-iron grates.
- It has a temperature gauge that shows the temperature of coal to save steak or chops from burning.
- Its 3 levels adjustable charcoal tray helps to control the cooking and heat level.
- The removable ash pan allows to clean up the grease and ashes quickly.
- It has a sturdy and gripped side handle, which helps to move it anywhere.
3. Char-Broil American Gourmet 30-inch Charcoal Grill
Char-Broil American Gourmet 30-inch Charcoal Grill has 568 sq inches cooking rack and 272 sq inches warming rack that allows you to grill 20+ burgers at once. It has hooks to place the tools and utensils that you can normally use for cooking. Its lids can be opened but fixed to the grill so you can cook with two hands without hold it in your hand.
Its 1.5 inches tube leg stands help to keep the grill stable and provides long-lasting performance. It has four adjustable air dampers that allow to control airflow in the grill. It has an integrated thermometer to track the temperature to keep food warm. Also, it has a side shelf that allows to keep grilling tools and utensils close at hand.
It has an adjustable charcoal closer grate that helps to change the cooking temperature of the food. On the support shelf located at the floor level, you will have enough space to place the necessary tools. Through the two wheels and the sturdy handle, the grill can be easily moved and placed anywhere. Also, it is equipped with a removable ash pan that helps to clean the ashes and grease quickly.
Gourmet 30-inch Charcoal Grill Main Key Features:
- Its 840 sq inches large surface allows you to grill 20 to 24 burgers at once.
- Its four adjustable air dampers allow to control airflow in the grill.
- It has side and down shelf that provides to keep necessary utensils with you.
- The adjustable charcoal gate helps to stabilize the coal temperature.
- With large 8 inches wheels, you can easily move the grill with two fixed legs.
4. Royal Gourmet BBQ Charcoal Grill and Offset Smoker
Royal Gourmet BBQ Charcoal Grill and Offset Smoker comes with 438 sq inches main chamber, 183 sq inches side box and 179 sq inches swing rack that is suitable for grilling 20 burgers at once. Its offset smoker allows to smoke meats at the same time. It has two adjustable air dampers that help to control the heat by passing air inside the grill.
You can add briquet with woodchips in the charcoal chamber to increase flavor. It has porcelain-coated grates that prevent heat from making BBQ meats softer that makes this the best charcoal bbq grill. It has an ash collecting pan that helps to remove ashes and greases quickly. Besides grilling and smoking meat, the grill allows to roast vegetables that is a good option for vegetarians.
It has front, side, down racks and hanging hooks that allow to keep the necessary utensils near you. The temperature gauge shows the temperature of the inside coal chamber. You can move the grill anywhere quickly through its two wheels. The charcoal grill stand is perfect for outdoor excursions and camping trips.
Gourmet BBQ Charcoal Grill Main Key Features:
- It has 800 sq inches surface areas that are divided into 3 areas provides grilling, smoking and roasting.
- It has ash pan that helps to remove ashes and clean the grill quickly.
- It has two adjustable air dampers that allow to control heat and
- Its temperature gauge shows the accurate temperature of burning coal.
- With the 2 wheels, you can move it for camping and outdoor parties.
5. Char-Griller E1515 Patio Pro Charcoal Grill
Char-Griller E1515 Patio Pro Charcoal Grill has 250 sq inches surface area that allows you to grill 4-5 burgers at once. It is made with powder-coated heavy steel that provides stability and lasts longer. Also, it has cast iron grate that retains the heat to provide delicious flavors. The wooden handle, steel tube legs and 2 wheels allow to move the grill anywhere.
Its weight is 50 pounds so you can place it in small spaces like a balcony, rooftop corners, etc. It comes with an ash pan that helps to remove the ashes and greases just pulling out the pan. It has a side shelf to keep the grilling tools near you that save time. Also, its bottom shelf helps to keep the essential heavy things close at hand.
It has adjustable air dampers that control the heat level by flowing air inside the grill. It has no fat dripping on the embers, no sudden flare-ups, and no need to turn the meat. The lid can be opened easily and you can also leave it half open to avoid burnt meat. For the barbecue season, the grill is a completely different variant that will inspire you.
Patio Pro Charcoal Grill Main Key Features:
- It has 250 sq inches surface area to grill 4-5 burgers at a time that is enough for a small party.
- Its weight is 50lbs and has 2 large wheels so you can take it away for outdoor parties and hangouts.
- It has side and bottom shelf that helps to keep necessary utensils near you.
- The adjustable air dampers control the temperature with airflow in the grill.
- It has an ash pan that allows to remove ashes and greases quickly.
What To Consider Before Buying A Charcoal Grill Under 200?
Before choosing the best charcoal grill under 200, take a look at the buying guide. Here, I have presented some factors to consider that can be useful in selecting the best model for you.
If you have decided to buy a charcoal grill, keep in mind that there are different types of products. For example, the concept of bbq has recently been redefined giving the possibility of making pleasant grills even to those who live in an apartment, do not have a terrace and do not want to go to a public place.
It is impossible to eliminate the presence of smoke completely, but its production is significantly reduced more than 90 percent. So, the charcoal grill is more convenient and faster because you just need to press a button and even later to clean will be less complicated.
Whatever type of grill you choose, check what the cooking surface that is expressed in centimeters. Once this is done, check how the grill is organized. For example, how many shelves does it have? This is a non-secondary detail because it is essential to have everything you need at hand while cooking in order not to have to go back and forth in the kitchen.
Some models are equipped with a lid: detachable and integrated. It helps to stabilize the temperature and ensure uniform cooking of food. The best brand grills stand out for the possibility of regulating the height of the embers and keeping the temperature under control with a thermometer.
Another variable to consider is the size of the grill. If you have a beautiful garden and you don’t have space problems, you will probably not have issues even buying a large and comfortable beautiful model. But if you think of using it at home or taking it with you for an outdoor grill outer the city or camping, you will need a practical, compact grill.
The grates of a grill can be of a variety of materials. It depends on the cost of the grill:
- Chromed: They are a smart choice but expensive. You should be careful always to clean them after use.
- Stainless steel: Easy to clean and maintain, and lasts longer than chromed one.
- Cast iron: Excellent source of heat, because they retain heat well. Rub the grates with cooking oil before and after use to prevent rust.
- Porcelain: It is easy to clean. It has a protection that prevents rust. This model is found among the high-end ones.
The grill lids can function as a windbreaker, as well as hoods. When the lid is closed, it diverts heat and smoke evenly around the food. Some more expensive models have lids that will allow you to cook pieces of meat or a whole chicken.
Some lids also have a built-in thermometer gauge to check that you cook the meat at the correct temperature. If you leave the lid open, the grill will function normally.
Also, pay attention to the weight and the presence of wheels. They are essential for moving the structure comfortably in the garden and anywhere.
Why Should You Buy A Charcoal Grill Under 200?
You should have a charcoal grill for several reasons that will make your party and outdoor trip more entertaining.
- Charcoal grills are cheaper than standard grills. It is ideal for those who want to grill only occasionally. Also, the materials used for a charcoal only grill are generally less expensive.
- Many times the cleaning of the regular grills is a tedious task and that can take a lot of time. Instead, the charcoal grills allow us to lighten this work and save times.
- The charcoal grilled meat has a smoky flavor that is very appealing. But when it comes to hamburgers, no one could notice the difference.
- Charcoal grills are lightweight and come with wheels. So, you can take it away for outdoor parties and get together events.
For these reasons, you should have a charcoal grill. So, buy one from reviewed above here to make your party more pleasant.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here, we have answered some questions about charcoal grills that will make clear your confusion.
Are charcoal grills safe?
Yes. Charcoal grills are safe because they don’t require a cylinder or electricity to run.
Can you charcoal grill in the rain?
Using a charcoal grill outside is next to impossible. If you do a party inside your house, you can use the charcoal grill in the rain.
Can a charcoal grill be used as a smoker?
Yes. By placing a lid, a charcoal grill can be used as a smoker. But, you have to track the temperature to get the perfect smoke.
Can a charcoal grill cause carbon monoxide?
Yes. A charcoal grill produces carbon monoxide while burning coal.
How long do you let charcoal burn before cooking?
You just let the charcoal to light and burn for 20 to 30 minutes before cooking.
We still have many beautiful days and vacations, so organizing a grill party with friends is a fantastic way to enjoy. To arrange a perfect party, you first need the right equipment and the right tools. From our reviewed 5 best charcoal grill under 200, I would like to recommend Weber Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill that has a cast-iron grate that can hold up to 13 burgers at once. It has a porcelain-enameled lid and shield handle that protect your hand from heat. Also, you can keep the necessary grilling tools near you with side hooks. The wheels allow you to move it quickly anywhere you need.