Cooking and eating outdoors is always a pleasant thing, and a moment of great conviviality. This is why grills are a great way to spend some time with friends and family. The grill always has its charm and remains the most popular way to cook meat, but also fishes, vegetables, and hard cheeses. There are many models of the charcoal grill in the market with nice features. So, it isn’t easy to choose the right one. In this article, we have highlighted the 5 best charcoal grill under 200 that will be suitable as you’re looking for affordable charcoal grills.
Are Charcoal Grills Better?
Charcoal grills are better than gas and electric grills because it is more efficient, cheaper, and hotter than the gas and electric one. Also, everyone loves the smoke flavor of charcoal-grilled meat that is impossible from a gas or electric one. It produces a high temperature of around 850-1000°F that grilled the meat faster. Also, less amount of smoke is not harmful to our environment.
Which Is Safer Charcoal Or Gas Grill?
When thinking about grilling, you’ll get several options like charcoal grill and gas grill. Between these two options, the charcoal grill is the most popular one. People love a charcoal grill because it reaches a higher temperature compared to a gas grill. On the other hand, to get a smoky flavor on your food charcoal grill is the ultimate option. Now the answer that you’re looking for between charcoal and gas grill which one is the safest option?
Well, the health experts give a straightforward answer to this question. “A gas grill with propane or natural gas is healthier and safer for your health and environment compared to a charcoal grill.” Because when you cooked meat in a charcoal grill it contaminated with carcinogens known as polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons.
Moreover, a gas grill produces less amount of Carbon Dioxide than a charcoal grill, as a result, it does less population on the environment also. Besides, you can easily control the temperature of the gas grill with adjustment knobs. But it is hardly possible to control the temperature of a charcoal grill.
What Is The Best Charcoal Grill Under 200?
All the high quality charcoal grill that are listed here are in between $200. After a thorough investigation, we are able to select the below-listed charcoal grill. From here you can quickly understand what makes these grills specialized than others.
- Editors Choice: Weber Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill
- Best For Durability: Oklahoma Joe’s 19402088 Charcoal Grill
- Best Overall Charcoal Grill: Char-Broil American Charcoal Grill
- Best For Portability: Royal Gourmet BBQ Charcoal Grill
- Perfect For Small Parties and Hangouts: Char-Griller E1515
- Easy To Operate: Weber 741001 Original Kettle
- Best For Weekend Party: Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal Grill
- Good For Couple and Single Family Party: CUSIMAX Charcoal Grill
- Most Featureful: CUSIMAX Charcoal Grill
Table of Content
Here is the table of content for you to have quick navigation:
- Are Charcoal Grills Better?
- Which Is Safer Charcoal Or Gas Grill?
- What Is The Best Charcoal Grill Under 200?
- 9 Best Charcoal Grill Under 200 in 2021
- 1. Editors Choice: Weber Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill, 22-Inch, Black
- 2. Best For Durability: Oklahoma Joe’s 19402088 Rambler Portable Charcoal Grill
- 3. Best Overall Charcoal Grill: Char-Broil American Gourmet 30-inch Charcoal Grill
- 4. Best For Portability: Royal Gourmet BBQ Charcoal Grill and Offset Smoker
- 5. Perfect For Small Parties and Hangouts: Char-Griller E1515 Patio Pro Charcoal Grill
- 6. Easy To Operate: Weber 741001 Original Kettle 22-Inch Charcoal Grill
- 7. Best For Weekend Party: Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal Grill 18 Inch Black
- 8. Good For Couple and Single Family Party: CUSIMAX Charcoal Grill
- 9. Most Featureful: Cuisinart CCG-290, Kettle Charcoal Grill, 18-Inch
- What To Consider Before Buying A Charcoal Grill Under 200?
- Why Should You Buy A Charcoal Grill Under 200?
- Final Thoughts
If you want to know the details of our selected charcoal grills at a glance, you can go through the comparison chart below:
|Weber Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill||
||Check Price On Amazon|
Best For Durability
|Oklahoma Joe’s 19402088 Rambler Portable Charcoal Grill||
||Check Price On Amazon|
Best Overall Charcoal Grill
|Char-Broil American Gourmet 30-inch Charcoal Grill||
||Check Price On Amazon|
Best For Portability
|Royal Gourmet 30″ BBQ Charcoal Grill and Offset Smoker||
||Check Price On Amazon|
Perfect For Small Parties and Hangouts
|Char-Griller E1515 Patio Pro Charcoal Grill, Black||
||Check Price On Amazon|
Easy To Operate
|Weber 741001 Original Kettle 22-Inch Charcoal Grill||
||Check Price On Amazon|
Best For Weekend Party
|Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal Grill 18 Inch Black||
||Check Price On Amazon|
Good For Couple and Single Family Party
|CUSIMAX Charcoal Grill, Portable Grill BBQ and Smoker||
||Check Price On Amazon|
|Cuisinart CCG-290, Kettle Charcoal Grill||
||Check Price On Amazon|
9 Best Charcoal Grill Under 200 in 2021
Finding a charcoal grill needs a year of cooking experience. After consulting with experienced grill users and doing research, we have reviewed the 9 best charcoal grill under 200 that will meet your needs.
1. Editors Choice: Weber Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill, 22-Inch, Black
Weber Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill comes with a steeled porcelain finish that provides durability against corrosion and has a glossy and beautiful finish. For its cooking surface, it is enough to place about 13 burgers. It is ideal for the patio or garden because its wheels allow moving the grill quickly. In addition to its transport, it is also comfortable to use.
For its ease of use, it becomes the best charcoal for weber kettle. You can remove the lid and hang it on the side of the grill to check the cooking situation. It has shield handles that prevent you from heat. The grill has a built-in thermometer that allows us to know the exact temperature at which the piece is being roasted.
The 4 holes of the ventilation valve located in the grill lid help to smokes come out from the grill. It incorporates with One-Touch system that allows cleaning by moving a lever. Also, the interior blades will remove the ashes from the coal release them to a base easily. It comes with lots of accessories that can facilitate the task.
- Brand: Weber
- Dimensions of the Product: 39.5 x 22.5 x 27 inches
- Weight: 32.3 pounds
- Model Number: 14401001
Premium Charcoal Grill Features:
- This grills’ grate size is 363 inches, and lid height is 7.5 inches so that you can grill 13 burgers at a time.
- It has a built-in thermometer that shows the exact temperature inside the grill.
- With a one-touch cleaning system, you can clean the grill and ashes easily.
- The lid hook allows the put grilling tools to hang for easy access.
- With rubberized wheels, it is comfortable to move in the ground, yard, garden, and more.
2. Best For Durability: Oklahoma Joe’s 19402088 Rambler Portable Charcoal Grill
Oklahoma Joe’s 19402088 Rambler Portable Charcoal Grill is made with heavy-duty anti-rust steel that ensures stability and durability. Its surface area is suitable for grilling 10 burgers at once. It is equipped with two removable and thick cast-iron grates that help to sear on foods. It has an adjustable tray that allows cooking at high, lower, and slow mode by moving ups and down so that it is valued as the best portable charcoal grill.
On the front side of the grill, you can see an ash pad, which helps to remove ashes easily. It has a temperature gauge that helps to regulate the temperature of the coal. It has air dampers that allow to control airflow and keep the ideal temperature in the grill. With the side handle, you can easily move it anywhere if need.
This Cart-Style Charcoal Grill comes with a simple design, unique details, and integrated functions that guarantee optimal cooking whenever you decide to grill. It has a patented internal structure that reduces consumption and facilitates cleaning. Not to mention, the ash collection tray with proper air inlets makes it a popular charcoal grill.
- Brand: Oklahoma Joe’s
- Dimensions Of the Product: 19.5 x 26.8 x 21.8 inches
- Weight: 48.5 pounds
- Model Number: 19402088
- This machine can accommodate up to 10 burgers with two removable thick and cast-iron grates.
- It has a temperature gauge that shows the temperature of coal to save steak or chops from burning.
- You’ll get 3 levels adjustable charcoal tray helps to control the cooking and heat level.
- The removable ash tray allows us to clean up the grease and ashes quickly.
- It has a sturdy and gripped side handle, which helps to move it anywhere.
3. Best Overall Charcoal Grill: Char-Broil American Gourmet 30-inch Charcoal Grill
Char-Broil American Gourmet 30-inch Charcoal Grill has a 568 sq inches cooking rack and 272 square inches of cooking space and warming rack that allows you to grill 20+ burgers at once. It has hooks to place the tools and utensils that you can generally use for cooking. Its lids can be opened but fixed to the grill so you can cook with two hands without hold it in your hand.
The 1.5 inches tube leg stands help to keep the grill stable and provides long-lasting performance. It has four adjustable air dampers that allow controlling airflow in the grill. besides, it has an integrated thermometer to track the temperature to keep food warm. Also, it has a side shelf that will enable us to keep grilling tools and utensils close at hand.
It has an adjustable charcoal closer grate that helps to change the cooking temperature of the food. On the support shelf located at the floor level, you will have enough space to place the necessary tools. Through the two wheels and the sturdy handle, this budget charcoal grill can be easily moved, good for outdoor grilling, even in a limited space. Also, it is equipped with a removable ash pan that helps to clean the ashes and grease quickly. That makes it a perfect grill with dump ash feature for ash disposal.
- Brand: Char-Broil
- Dimensions of the Product: 25.5 x 44.1 x 43.5 inches
- Weight: 76.5 pounds
- Model Number: 17302056
- This machine has an 840 sq inches large surface that allows you to grill 20 to 24 burgers at once.
- Its four adjustable air dampers allow controlling airflow in the grill.
- It has side and down shelf that provides to keep necessary utensils with you.
- The adjustable charcoal gate helps to stabilize the coal temperature.
- With large 8 inches rear wheels, you can easily move the grill with two fixed legs.
4. Best For Portability: Royal Gourmet BBQ Charcoal Grill and Offset Smoker
Royal Gourmet BBQ Charcoal Grill and Offset Smoker comes with 438 sq inches main chamber, 183 sq inches side box, and 179 sq inches swing rack that is suitable for grilling 20 burgers at once. Its offset smoker allows smoking meats at the same time. It has two adjustable air dampers that help to control the heat by passing air inside the grill.
You can add briquet with woodchips in the charcoal chamber to increase flavor. It has porcelain-coated grates that prevent heat from making BBQ meats softer that makes this the best charcoal bbq grill. It has an ash collecting pan that helps to remove ashes and greases quickly. Besides grilling and smoking meat, the grill allows to roast vegetables that is a good option for vegetarians.
It has front, side, down racks, and hanging hooks that allow you to keep the necessary utensils near you. The temperature gauge shows the temperature of the inside coal chamber. You can move the grill anywhere quickly through its two wheels. The charcoal grill stand is perfect for outdoor excursions and camping trips.
- Brand: Royal Gourmet
- Dimensions of the Product : 55.1 x 27.2 x 48.4 inches
- Weight: 54.2 pounds
- Model number: CC1830S
Royal Gourmet Features:
- It has 800 sq inches of surface areas that are divided into 3 areas provides grilling, smoking, and roasting.
- The grill features an ash pan that helps to remove ashes and clean the grill quickly.
- Through its two adjustable air dampers you can control the heat and airflow.
- Its temperature gauge shows the accurate temperature of burning coal.
- With the 2 wheels, you can move it for camping and outdoor parties.
5. Perfect For Small Parties and Hangouts: Char-Griller E1515 Patio Pro Charcoal Grill
Char-Griller E1515 Patio Pro Charcoal Grill has 250 sq inches surface area that allows you to grill 4-5 burgers at once. It is made with powder-coated heavy steel that provides stability and lasts longer. Also, it has a cast iron grate that retains the heat to provide delicious flavors. The wooden handle, steel tube legs and 2 wheels allow moving the grill anywhere.
This Char-Griller Patio Grill comes in a very compact and portable shape and weighs only 50 pounds. As a result, you can place it in small spaces like a balcony, rooftop, corners, etc. The grill has an ash pan to assist you to remove the ashes and greases just by pulling out the pan. It has a side shelf to keep the grilling tools near you that saves time. Also, its bottom shelf helps to keep the essential heavy things close at hand.
It has adjustable air dampers that control the heat level by flowing air inside the grill. It has no fat dripping on the embers, no sudden flare-ups, and no need to turn the meat. The lid can be opened easily, and you can also leave it half open to avoid burnt meat. For the barbecue season, the grill is a completely different variant that will inspire you.
- Brand: Char-Griller
- Dimensions of the Product: 31 x 21 x 44 inches
- Weight: 50 pounds
- Model Number: E1515
Patio Pro Charcoal Features:
- It has 250 sq inches surface area to grill 4-5 burgers at a time that is enough for a small party.
- Its weight is 50lbs and has 2 large wheels so you can take it away for outdoor parties and hangouts.
- It has side and bottom shelf that helps to keep necessary utensils near you.
- The adjustable air dampers control the temperature with airflow in the grill.
- It has an ash pan that allows us to remove ashes and greases quickly.
6. Easy To Operate: Weber 741001 Original Kettle 22-Inch Charcoal Grill
If you’re searching for the best charcoal grill under $200 then you shouldn’t skip this one from Weber. With this Original Kettle charcoal grill, you can conveniently arrange an exciting BBQ party for 10-13 people. The grill has the capacity of holding up to 13-burgers at once. Its lid and bowl are made with ultra-durable, high-quality porcelain-enameled to retain the charcoal heat.
Although controlling the charcoal heat is the toughest thing but with its dampers option, it becomes easy for you to precisely control the heat. By closing the damper you can cut out the oxygen flow inside the grill and through this, you can control the heat accordingly. The cooking grates of the Weber are made of durable plated steel to retain heat for even & consistent grilling.
This Stainless Steel Charcoal Grill comes with a shield handle to prevent the lid from getting excessive heat. Moreover, you will love its angled lid hook that allows you to place the lid conveniently. Cleaning this charcoal grill is very easy and simple. It just needs one touch to clean up the entire charcoal ash & debris by swiping them all in the built-in removable ash catcher. Weber comes with built-in durable wheels that allow you to shift the grill conveniently around your yard.
- Brand: Weber
- Dimensions of the product: 25 x 22.5 x 39.5 inches
- Weight: 3.3 pounds
- Model Number: 741001BLK
Weber 741001 Features:
- The cooking grates of this charcoal grill are made of durable and high-quality plated steel to retain the heat.
- Controlling the heat temperature becomes very easy with adjusting dampers.
- Its Porcelain-enameled lid & bowl assist to retain heat for consistent temperature and ensures the grill’s durability.
- The lid handle is protected with shields to prevent it from getting too hot.
- It has a convenient lid hook that allows you to hang the lid with the grill without placing it on the ground.
- For convenient transportation, it features durable wheels to move the grill easily on your desired spot.
7. Best For Weekend Party: Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal Grill 18 Inch Black
It’s hard to think about a weekend getaway or a spontaneous beach party without having a charcoal grill. When you’re making the party plan, you can keep the Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal Grill as one of your traveling companions. It is one of the best charcoal grill under 200 that has the capabilities to fulfill all of your grilling requirements. This charcoal grill comes in a very compact size with a larger grilling area that is enough for 4-6 members.
The Weber charcoal grill bowl and lid are covered with porcelain-enameled that helps to retain the charcoal heat. Besides that, the charcoal grates of this high quality grill are made of heavy-gauge steel to ensure its durability. And, the cooking grates are made of plated steel to retain the heat on consistent grilling. To ensure your comfort and protect the lid handle from excessive heat it’s covered with a heat shield.
You can easily hang the lid on its tuck-N-carry lid as a result, you don’t have to place it on the ground. It has an adjustable damper option to control the heat of the charcoal while grilling. Moreover, cleaning this grill is very easy and simple. With a single push, you can clean the entire charcoal ash & debris by swiping them on its built-in aluminum ash-catcher.
- Brand: Weber
- Weight: 18 pounds
- Dimensions of the Product: 19.75 x 20.5 x 19.75 inches
- Model Number: 1211001
Weber Jumbo Features:
- This charcoal grill is very compact and lightweight but has a larger space for grilling.
- The charcoal grates of this grill are made of heavy-gauge steel to ensure the long durability.
- Its bowl and lid are covered with porcelain-enameled that retain the heat of the charcoal.
- Lead handles are protected with a heat shield to protect your hand and lid from excessive heat.
- It features a Tuck-N-Carry lid lock to attach the lid conveniently with the grill.
- The Weber charcoal grill provides an aluminum Ash Catcher to clean the charcoal ash & debris.
8. Good For Couple and Single Family Party: CUSIMAX Charcoal Grill
If you and your partner are making a plan for a BBQ party and looking for a small, compact, & portable charcoal grill. This one from CUSIMAX is one of the best. It doesn’t matter you’re making outdoor camping, picnics, backyard, or beach BBQ party with your friends and families, you can take it with you. Because of its compact and lightweight design, it can easily place on most of the cars back.
This compact charcoal grill has a large 17.5-inch cooking rack along with a 15-inch warmer rack. Besides, the CUSIMAX charcoal Grill is specially designed for 2-4 members small families. The galvanized iron wire mash that you get with the grill is very strong and durable to provide you a long-lasting service.
It features two adjustable ventilation holes to control the charcoal heat through circulation. The handle of this grill is heat resistant to prevent burns. As the grill is covered with dustproof enamel material, cleaning it is very simple and easy. On the other hand, you can easily store or transport this adjustable charcoal grill because of its small, compact design.
- Brand: CUSIMAX
- Weight: 10.48 pounds
- Dimensions of the Product: 20.7 x 15.75 x 8 inches
- Color: Black
- It has a 17.5-inch cooking rack to cook your food and a 15-inch warming rack to keep the food warm.
- The size of the grill is very compact, small, and portable, you can easily carry it on the back of your car.
- It features two adjustable ventilation holes to assist you in controlling the temperature of the charcoal heat.
- The lid and bowl are covered with a high-quality enamel that effectively retains the heat of the charcoal.
- Handel of this grill is made of heat-resistant material to prevent burns.
9. Most Featureful: Cuisinart CCG-290, Kettle Charcoal Grill, 18-Inch
Cuisinart grill is the king of all charcoal grill. It is one of the finest charcoal grills that offer all the features that you can expect from a premium charcoal grill. Though the grill comes with a very compact & efficient design, it has enough space for cooking four members’ meals. The 18-inch Kettle Charcoal Grill comes with a unique folding grate that is designed to assist you in arranging hot coals easily.
It features heavy-duty handles that are protected with heat-resistant grips to prevent burns. You’ll get an additional shelf at the bottom of your grill for storage. The grills also feature a thermometer at the bottom and top to provide you complete control over heat & smoke. Furthermore, it has a dual ventilation system to precisely control the temperature and airflow.
The grill comes with three lid locks to secure the grill during transportation. To make the cleaning process easier and convenient it comes with an enamel-coated firebox. All the charcoal ash & debris are stored in this pot, as a result, you can conveniently clean them at a time. It’s equipped with two convenient flat wheels to assist you in easy movement.
- Brand: Cuisinart
- Dimensions of the Product: 23.5 x 23.1 x 36.5 inches
- Weight: 1 pound
- Model number: CCG-290
Cuisinart CCG-290 Features:
- The grill comes with a compact & efficient design that makes it super portable to transport and allows you to store it conveniently.
- It features a unique folding grate through that you can arrange the hot coals quickly.
- The handles of the grill are protected with heat-resistant grips to prevent burns.
- Its dual ventilation system along with a smart thermometer gives you complete control over temperature and airflow.
- Enamel coated smart firebox & ash catcher making the cleaning process a cup of tea.
What To Consider Before Buying A Charcoal Grill Under 200?
Before choosing the best charcoal grill under 200, take a look at the buying guide. Here, I have presented some factors to consider that can be useful in selecting the best model for you.
If you have decided to buy a charcoal grill, keep in mind that there are different types of products. For example, the concept of bbq has recently been redefined, giving the possibility of making pleasant grills even to those who live in an apartment, do not have a terrace, and do not want to go to a public place.
It is impossible to eliminate the presence of smoke, but its production is significantly reduced by more than 90 percent. So, the charcoal grill is more convenient and faster because you need to press a button, and even later, to clean will be less complicated.
Whatever type of grill you choose, check what the cooking surface that is expressed in centimeters. Once this is done, check how the grill is organized. For example, how many shelves does it have? This is a non-secondary detail because it is essential to have everything you need at hand while cooking in order not to have to go back and forth in the kitchen.
Some models are equipped with a lid: detachable and integrated. It helps to stabilize the temperature and ensure the uniform cooking of food. The affordable grills from the best brands stand out for the possibility of regulating the height of the embers and keeping the temperature under control with a thermometer.
Another variable to consider is the size of the grill. If you have a beautiful garden and you don’t have space problems, you will probably not have issues even buying a large and comfortable beautiful model. But if you think of using it at home or taking it with you for an outdoor grill outer the city or camping, you will need a practical, compact grill.
The grates of a grill can be of a variety of materials. It depends on the cost of the grill:
- Chromed: They are a smart choice but expensive. You should always be careful to clean them after use.
- Stainless steel: Easy to clean and maintain, and lasts longer than chromed one.
- Cast iron: Excellent source of heat because they retain heat well. Rub the grates with cooking oil before and after use to prevent rust.
- Porcelain: It is easy to clean which is great fo charcoal grilling. It has rust protection. This model is found among the high-end ones.
The grill lids can function as a windbreaker, as well as hoods. When the lid is closed, it diverts heat and smoke evenly around the food. Some more expensive grills have lids that will allow you to cook pieces of meat or a whole chicken.
Some lids also have a built-in thermometer gauge to check that you cook the meat at the correct temperature. If you leave the lid open, the grill will function normally.
Also, pay attention to the weight and the presence of wheels. They are essential for moving the structure comfortably in the garden and anywhere.
Why Should You Buy A Charcoal Grill Under 200?
You should have a charcoal grill for several reasons that will make your party and outdoor trip more entertaining.
- Charcoal grills are cheaper than standard grills. It is ideal for those who want to grill only occasionally. Also, the materials used for a charcoal only grill are generally less expensive.
- Many times the cleaning of the regular grills is a tedious task, and that can take a lot of time. Instead, the cheap charcoal grills allow us to lighten this work and save time.
- The charcoal-grilled meat has a smoky flavor that is very appealing. But when it comes to hamburgers, no one could notice the difference.
- Classic charcoal grills are lightweight and come with wheels. So, you can take it away for outdoor parties and get together events.
For these reasons, you should have a charcoal grill. So, buy one from the review above here to make your party more pleasant.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here, we have answered some questions about charcoal grills that will make clear your confusion.
Are charcoal grills safe?
Can you charcoal grill in the rain?
Can a charcoal grill be used as a smoker?
Can a charcoal grill cause carbon monoxide?
How long do you let charcoal burn before cooking?
We still have many beautiful days and vacations, so organizing a grill party with friends is a fantastic way to enjoy. To arrange a perfect party, you first need the right equipment and the right tools. From our reviewed 5 best charcoal grill under 200, I would like to recommend Weber Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill that has a cast-iron grate that can hold up to 13 burgers at once. It has a porcelain-enameled lid and shield handle that protect your hand from heat. Also, you can keep the necessary grilling tools near you with side hooks. The wheels allow you to move it quickly anywhere you need.