With the arrival of good weather, there is nothing better than inviting friends and enjoying a delicious meal prepared on a grill. There are various types of gas grills according to sizes and models. They are more compact and easy to place in small places like a tailgate. There are also little ones that can be used on the stove as a frying pan. Therefore, we have presented a guide in which you will know the aspects to be taken into account before purchasing and a series of reviews of the best portable gas grill for tailgating that is most appreciated for their quality and price. Let’s dive into it.
Why Use A Gas Grill For Tailgating?
Grilling is a stylish way to celebrate parties with family and friends. From various types of grills, gas grills are safe to use because they come with safety valves that automatically switched off when any problem arose. With the one-touch button, you can start the grilling process that will save time and effort. Also, the gas grills are easy to clean because it doesn’t need coal or firewood that burn the fats from meat and create grease on the grate.
Note: From this section, you learned why a gas grill is so useful for tailgating; you can learn about this more by[ Read This Article]
Table of Content
Below is the table of content for you for having a quick overview:
- 5 Best Portable Gas Grill For Tailgating 2020
- What To Consider Before Buying A Portable Gas Grill For Tailgating?
- Why Should You Buy A Portable Gas Grill For Tailgating?
If you want to see the features of our selected product at a glance, you can go by the comparison chart below:
Coleman Propane Grill | RoadTrip LXE Portable Gas Grill
Pit Boss Grills 75275 Stainless Steel Two-Burner Portable Grill
Cuisinart CGG-180T Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop Gas Grill, Red
Royal Gourmet PD1202R Portable Table Top Propane Gas Grill Griddle, 12,000-BTU, for Outdoor Cooking While Camping or Tailgating
Weber 1141001 Go-Anywhere Gas Grill, ONE Size, Black
5 Best Portable Gas Grill For Tailgating 2020
I have carried out the 5 best portable gas grill for tailgating after researching the lots of products in the market. Now, choose the best one from here that suits your needs.
1. Coleman Propane Grill | RoadTrip LXE Portable Gas Grill
RoadTrip LXE Portable Gas Grill comes with 285 sq inches surface that can grill 9/10 burgers easily. The surface area is made with porcelain-coated cast-iron grates, which ensure durability and keep the temperature to burn the meat perfectly. Also, the grate is easy to change and clean up. Below the grates, you will get 2 burners that can be adjusted. It delivers 20 thousand BTU heat through dual temperature zones.
It is easy to set up and moved anywhere with foldable handles and wheels that make it the best portable grill for camping. It has low profile lids that help to keep the grill in small areas like car trunks, balcony, etc. It has 2 side tables on both sides, which can be moved smoothly with hands to keep the grilling tools and ingredients near you.
The grill runs with propane gas fuel, which is safe for our environment. It has a drip tray, which helps to clean the grease and dust quickly. Also, you will get some accessories such as a regulator, wrench, and more. It allows us to connect with a large propane tank with Coleman hose pipe and adapter.
Coleman Propane Features:
- It has 285 square inches grates with 2 burners that deliver 20000 BTUs heat to provide perfect grilling.
- With 2 wheels and a foldable handle, you can move it anywhere and store it in the small space.
- It has a sliding side table on both sides that allows you to keep necessary utensils near you.
- Its porcelain-coated cast-iron grates are cleanable and keep the temperature to cook food completely.
- With the adjustable drip tray, you can clean grease and dirt without slippage.
2. Pit Boss Grills 75275 Stainless Steel Two-Burner Portable Grill
Pit Boss Grills 75275 comes with 276 sq inches cooking surface that is enough for grilling 6 hamburgers at a time. The surface area is made with 304 stainless steel rack that provides perfect grilling with durability. Below the racks, the burner can heat up within 5 minutes and grill burgers within 15 minutes by producing 10 thousand BTU heat.
The grill is made with 430 stainless steel body construction, and strong lids are very solid and will last longer. It runs with propane gas, and you can add a large propane tank with 36 inches hose pipe which comes with the grill. Also, it has foldable legs and hood that make it easy to carry out to picnic or tailgate.
It has two burners that can be controlled with the regulators, and it provides optimal heat. You can measure the heat with a temperature gauge, which is added on the lid. Its weight is only 23lbs, which is easy to carry with hands, and it is perfect for any tours. If your budget is tight, it will be the best propane grill under 200.
Pit Boss Grills 75275 Features:
- It has a 276 sq inches grilling surface with dual burners that produce 10000 BTUs heat to grill 6 hamburgers quickly.
- It takes 5 minutes to heat up and grill burgers within 15 minutes without burning foods.
- Its weight is 23 lbs and made with high-quality stainless steel that ensures durability.
- It has foldable legs and a hood that helps to take it away for picnic and tailgate.
- With the temperature gauge, you can measure the heat for proper grilling.
3. Cuisinart CGG-180T Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop Gas Grill, Red
Cuisinart CGG-180T comes with a 145 sq inches grilling surface that is suitable for cook 6-10 chicken breast or 8 burgers at a time. The cooking surface is made with cast-iron grates that provide durability. In the grill, it has a large stainless steel burner that ensures perfect grilling with 5500 BTU heat, which is porcelain coated.
The grill is fueled by propane, and you can add a 20lbs propane tank with a 3-5 ft hose adapter. It has a lid that is made with stainless steel and protects from wind. Its weight is about 13lbs, so it is easy to carry with hands for picnics and parties. Also, you can set the grill on the ground with stabilized legs, which is made with aluminum to provide stability.
The grill and its removable grate are easy to clean without using dishwashers. For its small size, you can place it in small spaces like car trunks, RV’s, boats, and more. Its ignition system is very quick so that you can light with its twist start regulator.
Cuisinart CGG-180T Features:
- It comes with a 145 sq inches cooking surface that is perfect for grilling 8 hamburgers.
- It has porcelain-coated cast-iron grates, which provides durability and easy to remove.
- Its weight is 13lbs and easy to carry out for tailgate or picnic with hands.
- It has stabilized legs that allow you to adjust the height of the grill according to your needs.
- It has a large burner under the grate, which produces 5500 BTU heat.
4. Royal Gourmet PD1202R Portable Table Top Propane Gas Grill
Royal Gourmet PD1202R comes with 221 sq inches cooking surface area that is suitable for cooking 8 patties or hamburgers at a time. Its surface is a porcelain-enameled glossy that provides fast grilling with a rectangle-shaped burner. The burn can be adjusted with a regulator from low to high as your wish, and it can produce 12000 BTU heat evenly.
Besides meats, you can cook eggs, rice, bacon, toast, and more with the glossy cooking surface. Its ignition system is very fast so that you can start the griddle with an integrated piezo igniter. It has a tray to clean up the grease from the grill by merely sliding out with hands. Also, its sturdy feet provide stability while cooking in camping or tailgating that makes it the best flat top grill.
Its griddle is easy to remove and clean up easily. It works with propane gas, and you can add a 1lb propane tank with a tank regulator and a 20lbs tank with a 5t hose adapter. Its weight is about 17lbs, and the size is very compact, so you can store it in the car trunks or other places where space is limited.
Royal Gourmet PD1202R Features:
- It has a glossy and porcelain-coated 221 sq inches cooking area that is perfect for grilling 8 patties.
- It has a square-shaped burner that can produce 12000 BTU heat to ensure perfect grilling.
- The piezo ignitor helps to start the grill and heated the griddle fast.
- Its griddle and tray are easy to detach so that you can clean the grease and dirt.
- It has a sturdy foot that allows keeping the grill stable during parties or tailgating.
5. Weber 1141001 Go-Anywhere Gas Grill
Weber 1141001 Go-Anywhere Gas Grill comes with 160 sq inches grilling surface that is perfect for cooking 4/5 burgers at once. Its surface grate is made with porcelain-coated cast iron that retains heat to provide perfect grilling. It has one burner that produces 6500 BTU heat that helps to level up the taste of meat. Its weight is deficient, about 13 pounds that makes it easier to take with you.
It has foldable legs and handles that allow it to place in a small place like car trunks. It works with propane gas, and you can add a 20lbs tank for long time use. Also, you can control the temperature with a push-button regulator, which is located on the side of the grill. The lid of the grill is made with three-layered glass that helps to grill the meat perfectly.
Its grate is easy to remove so you can clean the greases and dirt quickly without slippage. It is easy to assemble and has no flare-ups. On both sides of the grill, the handles allow carrying easily if the lid is open.
Weber 1141001 Go Features:
- It has 160 sq inches cooking area that is enough for grilling 4/5 burgers at a time.
- It has a burner that produces 6500 BTU of heat that is enough for grilling foods.
- It has a push-button regulator that helps to control the temperature level.
- The grate is made with porcelain-coated cast iron that can be cleaned up easily.
- Its platted legs and handles are foldable so you can place it in small places.
What To Consider Before Buying A Portable Gas Grill For Tailgating?
If you want to prepare a picnic in the patio with your friends and family, a tailgating grill is an excellent option. Before buying the best portable gas grill for tailgating, I would like to recommend considering the following factors.
Size and weight:
Take into account the space you have in your tailgate when buying the grill. If you have a small space, choose a small grill. On the other hand, if you have an ample area, you can go for a larger one.
Weight is highly dependent on size. The bigger the grill, the more pressure it will have. If you choose a heavy grill, keep in mind that it must have the right wheels for transport.
It is an essential factor. Try to choose a grill that has wheels and handle so that you can easily transport it to different areas, and they should be made with resistant material. The wheel’s size will not so big or not so small.
Grills are generally made of iron, stainless steel, or aluminum. If you choose a steel one, make sure that it is stainless steel. Likewise, if you choose an electric one, check that the resistances are not in sight.
There are several models of grills that have temperature indicators. It is a handy bonus and will allow you to cook meats and vegetables at the exact temperature. Without an accurate temperature, you will not get the real taste of grilled food.
Some grills on the market include accessories such as meat chopping boards, a protective cover, or sets of tongs and forks to flip the meat. Also, check the side and bottom shelf that allows you to keep other grilling tools close at hand. By considering these factors, you will get the best one that will fulfill your needs.
Note: We don’t want you to fall into any embarrassing situation when you are at the party. That’s why we discuss up in the above what accessories you may need with your gas grill. To learn more about it [ read here]
Why Should You Buy A Portable Gas Grill For Tailgating?
You should buy a gas grill for tailgating for its convenient use, quick heat delivery, and many reasons.
- Tailgating gas grills allow you to carry out both direct and indirect cooking of food using propane fuel.
- They very easy to assemble; you only need a screwdriver to do it. Equally, it is easy to remove the waste left by the coal with an ashtray.
- Grills are not just limited for meat but also to seafood, fishes, vegetables, and greens salads. It is even able to reach fruits like pineapples that are delicious on the grill.
- They do not produce smoke that can make attendees uncomfortable and pollute the environment. So, it can be used inside the house or caravan.
- The gas grill provides a different BBQ flavor, which leaves the meat juicy and tender with a crisp coating on the outside.
- With a temperature gauge, you can monitor the heat to make the perfect cooking of food. The high temperatures cause the fats in the food to come off and melt, remaining on the grill without ingesting them.
For these advantages, you should have a gas grill for tailgating. So, get one from the reviewed here that suits your need.
Frequently Asked Questions
In this section, we have solved some frequently answered questions that will enhance your idea about gas grills.
What can I grill on a tailgate?
How do you warm up food at a tailgate?
Are gas grills safe?
Are gas grills better than charcoal?
Camping in the open air is a better way to enjoy nature but also the company of friends. If you like this kind of holiday, for a weekend as for a couple of weeks, it is good that you have a grill for tailgating that make your hangout more pleasant. Here, we have reviewed the 5 best portable gas grill for tailgating after doing a long time analysis.
In the meantime, I would like to recommend RoadTrip LXE Portable Gas Grill that has 285 sq inches dual porcelain-coated cast-iron grates with powerful burners that can produce 20000 BTUs heat to provide perfect grilling taste. It has a removable tray that allows you to remove waste quickly. Its foldable handle and wheels will enable you to take with you for camping or tailgating.