In the spring and summertime, I love the aroma of the grilled chicken or beef that spreads in the air. To make the perfect grill, you have to own the right grill in your house. While purchasing a grill, you have to keep in mind that you are buying a home appliance that will let you make delicious food for your loved ones. If you don’t make the purchase perfectly, then you might face a disaster while making food or catch fire or any worse situation that you can think of.
So when you are thinking of buying a grill, go through this informative guide about how to choose a gas grill. It is a gem for any novice or expert users.
Types of Gas Grills
Before jumping to the gas grill buying guide, it is better to know about the types of grills as there are lots of options. You have to consider between the grill material, energy consumption, surface area while picking the right one for you. Because different type suits different needs, as we are talking about the gas grills, here are the types you will find in the market.
Why is gas grill getting so popular day by day? Well, it is for their versatile, efficient, and convenient features. For first time users, this grill the best one to start with. You don’t need to spend a lot of time with the gas grill because you can make delicious food in less time as it provides high temperature fast. There are different types of gas grills. You can choose any one of them:
- Natural gas grills are one of the popular gas grills. Because you can use this grill by connecting with your built-in gas line. So, you don’t need to think about refuel. This grill is easy to use and lets you use it at any time.
- Propane gas grills let you use natural gas also. This grill is portable and easy to use. When you want to have a grill party on a camping site, then you have to store propane gas to use there, or else you can use the natural gas by connecting the gas pipe.
- Infrared grills use infrared technology and natural or propane gas to make a delicious grilled item. The infrared technology helps to spread the heat consistently on the entire surface. The temperature gets hot fast and prevents the flame from reaching the grates. The infrared grills are best for even temperature and zero flame up.
- Built-in gas grills come in a cabinet structure. It is best for them who want an outdoor cooking space. By giving a proper design and making an efficient space to fit a built-in gas grill, you will have a convenient outdoor kitchen. This grill requires a natural gas connection.
- Self-supporting gas grills are portable and easy to use in any place you want. When you use outside, you will need propane gas and, in the house, connect with the natural gas line.
- Flat top grills come with a flat barbeque surface. This surface makes the grilled meat juicy and soft because the drippings don’t fall ingrates but vaporize. With this grill, you can make burgers, veggies, and breakfast easily, and they will turn out delicious.
Note: After knowing the types of gas grills, you may think about why to use a gas grill. Just go to the next section about the benefits of a gas grill; you will die to grab one to use after reading the article.
How To Choose A Gas Grill
In this section, you will know how to buy a gas grill. It is important to consider some important factors while picking the right gas grill. The factors are:
Space for cooking:
The top factor is the cooking space, where you will use the gas grill. The grill size determines the scope of the cooking area. You have to know the amount of food you will prepare regular on this grill. For example, for a large family, you will need a 400 square inch cooking space. It is enough space to cook lots of food at a time.
The body material of the grill is important. Because it will make the grill work for a long time. You have to use the grill that will let you cook for many long years. If you have a budget, then go for the stainless-steel grill as the material is sturdy. If you have less than the thick or cast-iron aluminum body is recommended. There is light stainless steel made grill in the market, don’t take them as they are not long-lasting. The aluminum material is heat conduction and efficient enough to give you service for more than ten years. If you don’t get an aluminum-made grill, then take the grill that has a high-quality stainless-steel body.
Gas ring type:
Your grill’s performance depends on the burner type. To get a juicy and delicious grill, you have to pick the right burner material. Go for the pricked stainless-steel burner to use it for a long time. This burner type is durable and rustproof. If you want a cast iron burner, then they have to keep protected from the drippings or else, they will rust fast. And do not take tin burners as they don’t last long. If you want the best, then the infrared burner is for you.
Maximum grills use natural gas or propane gas. If you don’t have built-in gas in your home, then make sure to install one before taking a grill. If you want a portable gas grill, then pick the one that uses propane gas. The best is to buy the gas conversion grill that allows using natural and propane gas both.
There are gas grills at different prices. You can pick any of them per your budget. But don’t think of taking a cheap gas grill because it is not worth it. They don’t have the right features and productivity to make the properly grilled food. If you want the best grill, then make a handsome budget to get one that will let you make food for long, long years.
The space to keep the grill:
You will need space to keep the grill safely because you can t keep this grill near the wall or plastic items. If you have little room, then pick the grill that comes with footprint space or have a collapsible side. They need a small pace in your house.
The temperature of the grill is measured with BTU. You have to know the BTU amount that you will need for your grill. Less then 100 BTU without infrared is not enough to grill. You have to take the grill that can provide more than 100 BTU per square inches.
The grill that starts quickly is the best one. If the flaming is not reliable, then it is time-wasting and dangerous. Pick the grill that has a piezo or electronic flaming system. The electronic flaming system is the easiest and the safest one because you have to use only a button to start the grill flame.
With a side burner, you can make a dessert or soup at the same time you are making a grilled chicken. A grill with a side burner helps your cooking fast and short time.
If you are using a grill that uses propane gas, then you have to change the fuel occasionally. So the access to the gas tank has to be easy. Because you have to remove and mount the gas tank whenever the fuel gets to end, check the ease of opening the gas tank of the grill you want to take.
The grates have to be good in quality because the quality has affected on the cooking. A low-quality grate tends to flake out and gets rusted ultimately. The food then gets wasted. The best quality grate comes with stainless steel or cast iron.
While making a grill, the fats or grease drips from the meat and drops on the burner. It causes fire instantly and makes the meat burned sometimes. To prevent this, you can use the diffuse bars. This bar doesn’t let the fats drop in the burner; it changes to vapor.
Gas Grilling Safety Tips
- You have to follow some safety tips while using a gas grill. The tips are:
- You have to keep the gas grill 10 feet away from your house.
- Keep the grill clean.
- Before using the grill, check for leaks.
- Put the decoration pieces away from the grill.
- Keep a fire extinguisher near you to avoid any situation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is gas grilling healthy?
How often should I clean my grill?
How long do gas grills usually last?
Gas grills come at different types and prices. So, to pick the right one, you have to know how to choose the best gas grill to get delicious food during a get-together. I hope this guide will help you to make the best choice to enjoy your cooking moments.