If you love grilling, you must be familiar with many grills, including the Yakitori grill. Yakitori is a traditional Japanese cuisine that includes the preparation of skewered meat. To prepare a Yakitori dish at home is not an easy one, as many think that is why you require the best Yakitori grill for best results.
With this grill, you can be assured that you will create an authentic taste of your dish that your family and friends will enjoy. Making Yakitori meals entails preparing meat at a steady temperature to ensure that it is juicy and delicious. What sets the Yakitori grill apart is that it not only skewer meat but can also prepare vegetables.
Why is the Yakitori grill good?
You will gain many benefits from using a Yakitori grill, the first being enjoying tasty grilled meat at your home. With this grill, you no longer have to visit a restaurant to enjoy a Yakitori grill because, with the necessary skills, you can do it yourself. This grill is essential in our everyday lives because it allows you to move out of your kitchen and socialize as you prepare meat outside.
This is why a Yakitori grill is good:
- It provides you with a breath of fresh air because you will move outside to prepare your grilled meat and vegetables.
- Yakitori grill is lightweight, compact, and portable, meaning you can take it with you in any outdoor activity with ease.
- This grill is designed with top-notch quality stainless steel making it durable.
- You will love this grill because it is heat resistant and corrosion resistant making it reliable.
- This is not a technical grill to maintain; it is convenient, easy to clean, and straightforward to use.
Table of Content:
- 5 best yakitori grills review 2020
- 1. Kinka BBQ Diatomite Charcoal Grill Barbecue Hibachi Stove BQ-8WF 54 x 23cm Konro Japanese yakitori
- 2. Party Griller Yakitori Grill 32” x 8″ w/Double Mesh Grill Grate – Portable Stainless Steel Charcoal BBQ Grill
- 3. Fire Sense Large Rectangle Yakatori Charcoal Grill | Japanese Ceramic Clay Grill | Tabletop Grill for Backyard, Outdoor Cooking, Camping
- 4. Livart Orange BBQ Deluxe Electric Barbecue Grill
- 5. The Bincho Grill GR610S Yakitori – Table Griller Charcoal Japanese Style Robata, Binchotan 24″
- What is the difference between Kushiyaki and Yakitori?
- Yakitori vs Kushiyaki
- How to use a yakitori grill?
Kinka BBQ Diatomite Charcoal Grill Barbecue Hibachi Stove BQ-8WF 54 x 23cm Konro Japanese yakitori
Party Griller Yakitori Grill 32” x 8″ w/Double Mesh Grill Grate – Portable Stainless Steel Charcoal BBQ Grill
Fire Sense Large Rectangle Yakatori Charcoal Grill | Japanese Ceramic Clay Grill | Tabletop Grill for Backyard, Outdoor Cooking, Camping
Livart Orange BBQ Deluxe Electric Barbecue Grill
The Bincho Grill GR610S Yakitori – Table Griller Charcoal Japanese Style Robata, Binchotan 24″
5 best yakitori grills review 2020
To make your kitchen fun and exciting, you need to add the best Yakitori grill to your kitchen to take your home grilling to the next level. There are many Yakitori grills in the market, which can confuse you, not knowing which one to go for. That is why, in this review, we will discuss the top five Yakitori grills with their features to enable you to choose the best.
1. Kinka BBQ Diatomite Charcoal Grill Barbecue Hibachi Stove BQ-8WF 54 x 23cm Konro Japanese yakitori
The Kinka BBQ Diatomite Charcoal Grill is designed with diatomite of Okuto, making it outstanding. You are entirely safe when using this grill due to its exceptional safety feature of keeping the stove’s exterior from getting extremely hot to cause injuries. This means that even if the kids are using it, they will not fall into any harm.
This is the best Japanese yakitori grill made to radiate infrared rays far from the interior walls. The rays play a crucial role in ensuring an even cook for any food you are preparing. You will find it easy to clean up the fuel when using this grill compared to any other.
With this charcoal grill, you will be exposed to char-grilling, which can pass heat uniformly. This is what ensures that your baking comes out perfectly, not forgetting the alkaline coal ash that is capable of neutralizing acidic protein of any food ingredient. You can use this grill in any outdoor activity because it is relatively lightweight and easy to move around.
Kinka BBQ Diatomite Features:
- This Charcoal grill model is designed with diatomite of Okuto, making it durable, meaning it will serve you for many years.
- The Kinka BBQ grill is equipped with a safety feature that keeps the stove’s exterior from being so hot to cause burns.
- A Japanese yakitori grill that radiates infrared rays far from the interior walls to deliver an even cook.
- It is a charcoal grill that exposes you to char-grilling that is capable of distributing heat uniformly.
- The alkaline coal ash featured in this Diatomite Charcoal grill is meant to neutralize every food ingredient’s acidic protein.
2. Party Griller Yakitori Grill 32” x 8″ w/Double Mesh Grill Grate – Portable Stainless Steel Charcoal BBQ Grill
To enjoy finger-licking Shashlik, Lamb Shish Kebab, and Spiedini Skewer, which is also juicy, you need to use this long rectangular Yakitori grill. Since this is a 32” long shaped charcoal grill, skewers can be placed on every side of the grill, making the meat in the middle to cook right. This will solve the problem faced when using a traditional gas grill that produces half-cooked meat. The grill comes with a charcoal-holding grid located at the bottom to ensure the hot charcoal remains up while preventing the grill’s extinguishing by the ashes it produces.
This Party Griller is designed with stainless steel making it keep up with its functionality. The ideal stainless steel charcoal bbq grill is also lightweight, making it portable for outdoor activities. You will love this grill because it comes already pre-assembled, with only minimal assembling required. The quality of this Charcoal BBQ grill is excellent in that it is not just warp-proof but also rustproof.
Using this grill is quite safe due to the rounded edges that guarantee that you don’t cut your fingers. It is equipped with an easy to adjust vent which works on heat intensity while enabling uniform air circulation on the whole grill. When you choose this grill, you will find two sets of stainless steel seasoning shakers vital for the BBQ seasoning spice blend. It also comes with quality 12-inch Scissor BBQ Tongs plus two Stainless Steel Mesh Grill Grates of 20”x 8” and a 12″ x 8″ covering the whole grilling surface.
Party Griller Yakitori Features:
- This is a Party Griller with rounded edges that keep fingers from getting cuts, and it comes pre-assembled to ensure smooth usage.
- The BBQ Grill is equipped with an accessible adjust vent that curbs heat intensity while also creating uniform air circulation on the entire grill.
- A long rectangular grill made to guarantee Satay, Kebab, Yakitori, and skewers is cooked right, preventing half-cooked meals.
- This is a Stainless Steel designed griller that is lightweight and portable enough to enable you to carry it for your outdoor activities.
- A charcoal-holding grid is equipped in this BBQ grill that guarantees that the hot charcoal remains up while preventing the grill’s extinguishing by the ashes it produces.
3. Fire Sense Large Rectangle Yakatori Charcoal Grill | Japanese Ceramic Clay Grill | Tabletop Grill for Backyard, Outdoor Cooking, Camping
If you have been looking for the best outdoor cooking grill, go for this fire sense large yakatori charcoal grill. It is equipped with a charcoal grate and a cooking grill while using charcoal as its primary fuel source. What makes this grill more peculiar is its ability to be used as a tabletop, making it ideal for your backyard outdoor cooking and camping.
This Yakatori Charcoal Grill is designed through handmade clay construction whereby the ceramic radiates heat evenly. That way, you can prepare meat that is tender and juicer in a fast manner. With this large rectangle charcoal grill, you can make four burgers at a go, making this grill perfect for a small family as it brings you a 157 square inches of cooking and grilling area.
You will also find a chrome-plated cooking grill with this charcoal grill, an internal charcoal grate, plus a stand that comes with handles. All that is meant to guarantee that you cook in a short time and safely. With this Japanese style grill, you will always have an exotic Asian taste in all your meals.
Fire Sense Large Features:
- The fire senses large yakatori charcoal grill is equipped with a charcoal grate and a cooking grill to ease your cooking.
- This charcoal BBQ grill is designed for use as a tabletop, making it perfect for your camping and backyard cooking adventures.
- The Yakatori Charcoal Grill is constructed through handmade clay, making the ceramic to radiate heat evenly.
- It is a large rectangle charcoal grill with a 157 square inches of cooking and grilling area ideal for a small family.
- A Japanese style grill is equipped with a chrome-plated cooking grill, an internal charcoal grate, and a stand with handles to ensure safety when cooking and cook in a short time.
4. Livart Orange BBQ Deluxe Electric Barbecue Grill
Grilling with the Livart Orange BBQ Deluxe Electric Barbecue Grill is better than ever, producing Yakitori-style cooking each time. It is a grill that does not require assembling because all that has been handled for you. You will find it easy to use thanks to its one-touch operation that enables you to prepare your skewers to have that fantastic taste.
What makes the Livart Barbecue grill popular is its adjustable stainless steel grill plus the detachable drip tray that gets hold of excess fat and oil, making it the best stainless steel grill. Because the two are removable, it makes it easy to clean without any hassle. The flame grilling method used in this electric grill prevents the production of smoke anytime you are grilling.
This is a durable barbecue grill designed to serve you for years. It is also lightweight, meaning you can take it with you for your outdoor activities. Although this is an electric grill, it can endure a considerable amount of heat, but the best part is it delivers the desired food. This griller’s adjustable height makes it easy to use, making it the ideal electrical griller in the market.
Livart Orange Features:
- This barbecue grill comes with a one-touch operation that is easy to use and clean.
- It is equipped with a removable drip tray that works excellently in catching any extra fat and oil.
- The Livart Orange grill features an adjustable stainless-steel grill, which is detachable for easy cleaning.
- The Electric Barbecue Grill works through the flame grilling method enhancing smell and smoke while ensuring quick separation of fat from grilling.
- This is a durable grill that will serve you for a long time and lightweight, meaning you can take it anywhere during your outdoor activities.
5. The Bincho Grill GR610S Yakitori – Table Griller Charcoal Japanese Style Robata, Binchotan 24″
The Bincho grill is equipped with heavy gauge stainless steel with double walls plus bends that guarantee extra robust construction. This table griller comes with seamless welds meant for a clean appearance. There is no assembly required when using this grill because it comes already pre-assembled.
This Griller Yakitori Grill is constructed with a 3/16″ thick aluminum insert that works excellently for additional heat insulation, quick cleaning, and ash collection. Through the two times adjustable windows of this Charcoal Japanese style grill, you enjoy improved air-flow. That way, you get control over the hot coals providing you with the ideal heat that works best with you.
With this griller, you enjoy the Japanese style grill that uses 7″ Bamboo Paddle Skewers. It enables you to use any charcoal type, including the Binchō-tan charcoal ideal for grilling all kinds of meat and vegetables. The legs and handles of this grill are designed with Solid Poplar Hardwood, meaning it is quite durable.
The Bincho Grill Features:
- The Bincho grill features two times adjustable windows that work through controlling the air-flow adequately.
- This Yakitori grill is equipped with heavy gauge stainless steel having double walls that guarantee extra robust construction.
- This griller comes in double-walled with a thick aluminum insert for insulation plus ash collection to ensure heat resistance.
- This is a griller using a Japanese style grill that uses 7″ Bamboo Paddle Skewers by enabling you to use any charcoal type perfect for grilling all kinds of meat and vegetables.
- A table griller with seamless welds that deliver a clean appearance at all times.
What is the difference between Kushiyaki and Yakitori?
Kushiyaki is a Japanese cuisine that defines foods grilled on skewers. Most Kushiyaki meals refer to chicken cuts, though it also includes beef. What is amazing is you can order different types of kushiyaki once you are in a kushiyaki restaurant. When ordering kushiyaki, it is good to say how you want it flavored, either being dipped in a soy-based sauce when grilling or simply salting. This boils down to your personal preference; however, what can be really challenging is choosing amongst the many types of kushiyaki.
On the other hand, Yakitori refers to a Japanese meal of skewered chicken usually grilled over charcoal. You have to chop the chicken meat to about 2-inch cubes then skewer it using wood or bamboo. When grilling, this chicken meat is seasoned using tare sauce when cooking or even before. In simple terms, Yakitori is grilled chicken though it is way beyond the standard chicken meat you can visualize. Yakitori is just chicken and not beef, not bacon.
Yakitori vs Kushiyaki
The confusion always lies between these two. Many people cannot tell between Yakitori and Kushiyaki when we can simply understand the two by knowing that Yakitori is only meat. At the same time, Kushiyaki entails different types of skewered foods. Yakitori is a meal included in kushiyaki! Amazing, right!
How to use a yakitori grill?
A yakitori grill comes in handy when you want to prepare grilled chicken.
The Yakitori is basically a rectangular grill that is two feet long and some inches wide.
To use a Yakitori grill:
- Set up the grill well and ensure that every part is in place, including the wire mesh or grid on top.
- Place your food on the open surface on the mesh, ensuring that the food is over the heat to prevent it from burning the skewers.
- Continuously rotate the skewers for your meal to cook quickly and to avoid burning. You don’t want the exterior to burn, and the inside remains raw; you will not enjoy your food.
- When your food is well done, you will get even coloring and minimal charring. Don’t let the ingredients overcook or dry out because your meal will not be juicy.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Kind of Charcoal Do You Use for Yakitori?
IPPINKA Kishu Pro-Grade Japanese Binchotan BBQ Charcoal is the ideal one for Yakitori because it uses Japanese Oak from Kishu, which produces an excellent charcoal grade.
Can you use a yakitori grill inside?
It is not wise to use a yakitori grill inside because it is best suited for outdoor use. You won’t stand the smoke that may be produced by this grill when you opt to use it inside.
Is yakitori sauce the same as teriyaki?
These two sauces are almost similar in their uses though they are the same. They use sugar for that sweet-salty taste though yakitori sauce uses mirin in the mix with minimal seasoning.
Is Yakitori only chicken?
Yes, Yakitori is grilled chicken that you get from the various parts of the chicken.
What makes a great Yakitori grill?
The rectangle shape makes an excellent Yakitori grill because it provides great surface area for skewers preparation.
The best Yakitori grill ensures that you enjoy your grilled skewered chicken in the best possible well. It guarantees delicious, juicy meat, but this can only be achieved using a quality yakitori grill. So, if you want to change how your grilled chicken tastes, you need to invest in a Yakitori grill.
The Party Griller Yakitori Grill stands out as the best Yakitori grill thanks to its rectangular grill that delivers juicy and delicious skewers. Its long shape guarantees that the meat cooks right in the middle, leaving no room for half-cooked meals. The hot charcoal will remain up when using this grill, preventing the grill’s extinguishing by the ashes.