Which one is better- Gas grill vs Charcoal grill? This question is roaming around the grill lovers for a long time now. And the debate is still going on. So, whenever we think about getting a grill, this debate makes us think about the features and benefits of these two grills.
I think it depends on personal preference and taste. But you have to find it out before taking the one. Because if you buy the grill that doesn’t help you to meet your expectation, then it is a waste. So, learn and compare between the two grills to fix the right one for you.
Gas Grill Vs Charcoal Grill
The charcoal grill helps to give a typical and traditional flavor by using the wood chips in the food, whereas the gas grill provides a different taste. But the fact is, this depends on your taste buds that which flavor you like. But for a better cooking experience, you have to know the difference between the grills.
Types Of Gas Grills
As for the gas grill, it is popular for its versatility, efficiency. For a new user, it is the best grill to cook with. Here are different types of gas grills to pick.
- Among all the gas grills, a natural gas grill is the popular one. Because it is convenient to use with a built-in gas pipe, you can use the grill any time you want with thinking of replacing fuel.
- The grills with propane gas also allow using natural gas. The propane gas grill allows you to party on your roof or beside the beach. When you are using the grill for outdoor purposes, store enough propane gas.
- Infrared grills are the modern grill with infrared technology. This grill also gives the option to use natural gas. The infrared feature helps to even the temperature in the grill surface. You can heat the grill fast and make a delicious grill in less time.
- For outdoor cooking space, the built-in gas grill is recommendable. This grill type comes in cabinet structure. With a design and sufficient space, the built-in gas grill helps to make a beautiful outdoor kitchen. You can make a beautiful restaurant with this grill.
- Free stand grill is easy and portable to use. This grill uses both propane and naturals gas.
- The grill with the flat top has a flat surface. The flat surface doesn’t allow the fat dripping to go to the burner. It makes the drop vaporize. So grilled meat, the burger is healthy and delicious with this gas grill.
Benefits Of Using A Gas Grill
Here we have listed the benefits of gas grills. The benefits are:
- Easy to start with a push-button.
- The grill cooking is easy and fasts with the gas grill because of the heat adjustable feature.
- You can use propane and natural gas in the gas grill. Both of the gas are available and cheap.
- No flame and ashes are created with the gas grill.
- Allows cooking healthy food at a low temperature.
- You can cook any food with the gas grill.
Note: There are different types of burner gas grill. To know about the top 5 best 6 burner gas grill, check here the next article.
Types Of Charcoal Grills
For BBQ lovers, a charcoal grill is the first option to pick because it allows a unique cooking experience with delicious grilled meat. There are different types of charcoal grills in the market. Here are the popular ones:
- Ceramic grills are versatile and effective because of the ceramic chamber. The chamber helps to recollect heat and moisture. You can bake pizza in this grill besides grilling. The air vent system controls the temperature.
- The barrel grill comes in half sliced design. The top half attaches with the lid, and the bottom half attaches with the grill chamber. There are vents on the top and in the bottom that controls the temperature and airflow. There is a chimney that contains the smoke. The vents prevent the heat when the lid is closed.
- Kettle grills come with a cooking grid, lid, charcoal grid, venting systems, and lower chamber. The lower chamber is kettle like. The shape helps to distribute the heat evenly and prevents the fat dripping.
Benefits Of Using A Charcoal Grill
Here is why people love charcoal grill:
- When you are grilling the meat at low temperature, the smoke, aroma, and flavor enters the food and make it super tasty.
- The charcoal grills come with wheels and allow them to lift easily. The portability helps to make your camping tour enjoyable with grilled food.
- By adjusting the air vents, you can control the temperature in a charcoal grill.
- The charcoal grill comes with a simple mechanism that makes it easy to maintain.
- This grill is affordable and long-lasting. You can use the grill for long years.
Notes: If you are convinced with the benefits of a charcoal grill and want to have one, then check this article about the best charcoal grill under 200 dollars.
Point Of View: Gas Grill Vs Charcoal Grill
From my point of view, I will compare both o the grills to make the comparison easy. My points are:
The charcoal grill gives the food a smoky flavor. Because the fat drippings turn to vapor and enters in the food. Whereas the gas grill doesn’t allow the fat drippings to go to flames, and it produces steam to make the meat juicier.
- The time of cooking:
The charcoal grill takes lots of time to preheat, and the temperature requires constant monitoring, but the gas grill doesn’t take the time to get heat and hold the temperature.
- Temperature control:
It is easy to control the temperature with a gas grill, whereas the charcoal grill needs little technique to control the temperature.
The charcoal grill is hard to clean as the ashes stay messed up and make the grill dirty. The gas grill is easy to clean as it has a removable ashtray.
The charcoal is not easy to handle as it is flammable in the wind. You can burn your hand or face an accident if the area is windy. But the gas grill is safe to cook food even the wind is blowing.
The gas grill is expensive than the charcoal grill.
Note: If you want to know about the benefits of a gas grill, then check our previous article.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are gas grills propane?
Are charcoal grills easy?
Do you cover the charcoal grill after lighting?
And the battle will continue between Gas grill vs Charcoal grill because there is no winner in this battle. It depends on the priority of the taste and lifestyle of the users. If you love smoky flavor meat, then the charcoal grill is good for you, and if you love a slice of juicy meat, then the gas grill is best for you. Now it is up to you, which one will you take. I have both of them because I love grilled food in both flavors.